Sunday, August 12, 2007

Me & The Cinema

I'm a movie freak, but generally I dislike going to the cinema for movies... Yeah, I know I'm a bit weird for that, many friends of my age said that to me.

But recently I watch my first movie after almost 2 years, and the name is Bee Movie. Well, it was fun though... maybe because I haven't been doing it for so long, it's something new to me again, or perhaps I just had nothing better to do. After all, going for movies is actually my least prioritised source of entertainment - have always preferred to watch them at home.

I went for the second time today for Enchanted and I'm actually getting bored with it again. And I hate going to the cinema because:

  • I can't pause the movie.
  • I can't go to the washroom without missing a few minutes of the movie.
  • My knees usually get cramps.
  • Occasionally the cinema is a freezer to me.
  • I can't smoke in it.
  • It's meant for the lovebirds and I'm not one of them.
  • Hate the hassle of booking the tickets, obtaining the tickets from the counter, queing up for entrance and exit.
  • Hate to hear a stranger next to me laughing, screaming, squeaking, talking or fidgeting in his/her seat when I'm enjoying the movie.
  • Not to say that I'm not going to the cinema ever again, just that as I have said earlier, it's my least prioritised source of entertainment.