Monday, March 2, 2009

My Double Standards

I'm not bothered when I littered your car or your room,
But to my own surprise, when you did, I nag you like I'm your mother...

I'm not bothered when I chained smoke in my own room,
But to my own surprise, when you did, I'll tell you, "It's very suffocating, I can't breathe..."

I'm not bothered when I forced you to eat in the restaurant that you don't fancy,
But to my own surprise, when you did, I'll start poking at my own food instead of eating them up...

I'm not bothered when I snored as I slept like a baby,
But to my own surpise, when you did, I'll cruelly tell you to sleep in the living room...

I'm not bothered when I don't pay your bills,
But to my own surprise, when you did, I'll tell you, "You are so stingy..."

I'm not bothered when I told you that you aren't exactly good looking,
But to my own surpise, when you did, I'll give you my pout...

I'm not bothered when I forgot to reply your message while I'm out having fun,
But to my own surprise, when you did, I throw a tantrum...

I'm not bothered when I was too busy to return your morning greetings,
But to my own surpise, when you did, I feel that you don't care...

I'm not bothered when I was flirting shamelessly with my guy friends,
But to my own surpise, when you did, I'll tug your sleeve, pull your ear or bite your arm...

I'm not bothered when I told you about the good times I used to have with my ex-es,
But to my own surprise, when you did, I'll turn green in jealousy thinking that you can't let go...