Monday, December 6, 2010

The petrol case

At quarter past five, I began to pack my belongings. I drove happily out of the client's premise as I was looking forward to my weekend get-away.

Five minutes later, I was in the middle of a traffic jam trying to get myself out of Shah Alam. Thirty minutes later, still in the middle of the jam and I was only less than 1km from where I began my journey... One hour later, still in the middle of the jam and my love for KL grew tremendously in every second of the jam (being sarcastic)... Two hours later, I managed to reach office.

Feeling relieved that my long journey had finally came to an end, I turned into the car park. As my car was making its way up the slope, the engine began to make a strange noise. And... my car ran out of gas. For the first time after driving for more than 10 years, my car ran out of gas!!!

With the help from a lady in her mid thirties, we managed to push my car to one corner. It wasn't a 100% kind gesture. I was merely creating a long queue, blocking everyone from their way out of the car park. Alright, I should not be rude. She may not have been truly sincere, but it was a gesture that I needed badly at that moment. Thank you though...

Then came a cute guy...(Yeah, I love this part). He was getting into his car and I approached him. He thought I just wanted to park my car at his lot. I told him, " Yes, I would like to park my car at your place but do you mind helping me to push my car into your lot?" Hysterical, yes it is. He stood there dumb founded for a second. I quickly added in, " My car ran out of gas and I need to catch a 10p.m flight." Who could resist me with such a good excuse? (laughing maliciously) Alright, I should not put it in an ungrateful way. I'm just trying to tell the story in a light-hearted way. He is cute and helpful. Hmm, I wonder if I can use that as an excuse to buy him a drink the next time I bump into him in the office... PY, stop fantasizing... Anyway, thank you Mr. Cutie ...

I made a few calls to my colleagues, desperately looking for help. Finally one of them responded to the poor me. Angelic him came over to save me out of my mess. I passed him my car keys and he solved the rest of the dilemma for me. I managed to hop into the bus and catch my flight. While I was on the way to the airport, it was made known to me that my colleague was actually in the middle of a movie when I called him. With that, I confirmed to myself that he owned a pair of wings and a golden hoop above his head. Otherwise, how could he have been the angle of the day? Alright, exaggerations do add-in some colors to my story. Don't they... Anyway, thanks a lot and I bought you the freaking expensive Godiva chocolates.