Sunday, June 12, 2011

My love hate relationship with "Smoking"

I'm a chain smoker. The pros of smoking: It's a real time killer and it goes so well with drinks. Nope, I don't think smoking is cool. It's just a bad habit that I lack the determination to quit. 

The cons of smoking: Dozens. Dullness in my skin tone. Lips which are no longer pinkish. Yellowish teeth. Bad breath. My hands don't smell sweet. Puts a hole in my purse. Shorten my life by another 10 or 20 years... 

I know...... I know...... 

But then, when there's someone else who keeps nagging you at your bad habit. Giving you that disapproving look each time u lit a cigarette. Despising your breath of smoke. Hinting at every chance the cons of smoking. 
I just want to say aloud, "GIVE ME A BREAK!!!"

Each time when I'm about to lit a cigarette in his presence, I could visualized his disapproving expression. Out of guilt, I actually asked, "Can I smoke?" This is no fucking smoke free country and this is no fucking smoke free zone. Why the fuck do I have to ask if I can smoke??? I'll just fucking lit a cigarette and inhale deeply the nicotine and tar to my lungs, so long as I feel like it. ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH..... 

Alright, sanity bell ringing. I know in this new era, people are health conscious and so should I. Smoking is no longer labelled as cool. In fact, it makes you look trashy when you are smoking. The price of cigarettes are flying up high, price in-elasticity, as the economist would call it. And I know, the sight of the dull skin tone, yellowish teeth and finger nails, purplish lips, is far far away from the word "attractive". But it's so darn hard ......... with all the nagging.......