Sunday, November 18, 2012

Honesty being an old school thought

The way my mom brought me up, honesty is the best policy. Though, she brought me up believing this in a stringent way. And if you are wondering what exactly does stringent way means, it means I get beaten up like one hell whenever I tell a lie. Nah... that's not child abuse. Being an 80's baby in a small town, that's not child abuse. I love her as much, despite all.

So all the years, I believed in it. Believed in honesty being the best policy. I still do right now.

But the thing is, in life sometimes we just prefer sugar-coated words. Without a second thought of whether it's true or not, sugar-coated words is simply sweeter, provided the fact that you didn't sugar coat it in a way that it's being overboard.

Putting some examples into the picture, I could've told WY how jerky the other guy was and how bitchy the other girl was, but usually I'll ended up with some not-so-nice comments. Being fair and objective, I told what was in my mind, which was the truth from my perspective. But you can't be upset if a person is being honest, right? However, putting myself in her shoes, I know the sugar coated words would have made her felt better about the situation.

I guess at times, if I can't lie be it white lies or the other, I should just learn to shut my mouth up. At least silence in away, could be concurring to the statement. Or neutral.